Travel Insurance for the Adventurer

The end of university and non stop studying is fast approaching, when you can say goodbye to burying your head in books and test papers and say hello to your new found freedom!

A lot of young, newly qualified students take this opportunity to take some time out and travel the world before deciding and settling down into a career. With the excitement of a new adventure around the corner with friends or solo, it’s important to consider where you’ll want to go, the activities you’ll no doubt throw yourself into and making sure that if anything does happen, your covered with a Travel Insurance Policy that protects you from head to toe.

For the adventurer, a policy can cover a huge list of different activities from an age range of anyone between 18 and 75 years old, so it’s never too late to explore the world. Whether you want to go for a month or want to stay longer for a duration of 18 months, a policy can be easily tailored around you and your requirements. The policy can cover you for stop overs between your travels for a maximum of 7 days and you don’t even have to miss all the fun occasions back home. You get two trips home for a maximum duration of 21 days, so there’s no missing Birthday’s, Christmas or even an Easter egg hunt.

In the event that your trip doesn’t quite go as planned, either for your travelling companion(s) or yourself falling ill or injuring yourselves; there’s a helpline that’s provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days throughout the year in case of a medical emergency abroad, so your never alone. There are two levels of cover you can chose from to suite your travels, either the Backpacker cover or Longstay cover. It’s essential to recognise that backpackers will usually only require essential cover, compared to those looking for a longer stay.

The Backpacker cover provides:

  • Cover for cancellation/curtailment
  • Personal possessions
  • Emergency medical expenses
  • Personal Liability
  • Personal Accident

The Longstay cover provides all of the above and the following additions:

  • Higher limits and additional cover for departure delay
  • Missed departure
  • Possessions delayed in transit
  • Personal Money & travel documents
  • Legal advice & expenses

If backpacking or long stay travels aren’t what your looking for but you’re still looking for an adventure holiday with friends for a shorter duration, we can still find you cover for your vacation needs, including the cover of activities and sports as well.

Before you go away, make sure to check the Foreign & Commonwealth Office website for the latest travel advice by country, your rights at the airport and for getting help abroad. For any more information about getting yourself covered on your gap year or holiday, contact us on 01622 815 011 or email us as

Head Office

Lion Insurance Consultants (Tonbridge) Ltd,
Shingle Barn Farm,
Smith's Hill, West Farleigh,
Kent, ME15 0PH.

  • Tel: 01622 815011
  • Fax: 01622 815012

Registered in England & Wales No. 3417781.

Lion Insurance Consultants (Tonbridge) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Registered Office: The Stables, Goblands Farm, Cemetery Lane, Hadlow, Kent TN11 0LT.